Lab Report Analysis

Labs are used by many companies and organizations, outside of college, to test variables and break down results. In my lab report analysis, I analyzed the differences, similarities, and the varying effectiveness of the different techniques achieved by lab reports.

Below I have attached my first submission, second revised submission, and third revised submission for the lab report analysis assignment.

Lab report first submission

I had gotten exposed the the many areas again of my writing which still needed improvement. I had not truly learned anything from my writing of the memo.

Lab report second revised submission

I tried to address every comment this time, avoiding a re-write to face my deficiencies in writing. I however still needed work as my revisions were not enough. I needed to understand what was being asked of me so I made the effort to annotate every comment made and set up an appointment with the professor where I could gain that understanding for everything written.

Lab report third revised submission

I had made surfaces changes and failed to realize the grand issue of my writing in this portion of my submission. The reason I had only made surface changes was because I overlooked consistency in my writing, and by the time I had picked on the importance of consistency, I had already finished the technical description revisions, which had a similar issue.

Below I have attached my self reflection, my first revision of my self reflection, and my second revision of it.

Lab report self reflection

I had many errors with my first self reflection regarding format, evidence and even depth.

First revised lab report self reflection 

I attempted to address the comments made of me, however, it wasn’t until I visited my professor that I understood what each comment meant. I wrote little annotations next to each comment, similar to my lab report analysis, to talk about each comment individually with my professor.

Second revised lab report self reflection 

Through completing the journey of seeking revision and help, I was able to understand how to write a proper self reflection. This allowed me to only need one submission for my technical description’s self reflection.

While I had grown in my self reflection revisions, me lacking the aspect of consistent revisions in my writing had moved onto my next assignment. Through this experience, I now understand the importance of correcting and implementing new principals in writing when present. Had I practiced and addressed consistency properly, I would have had an easier time incorporating it into my next assignment. Nonetheless, this experience provided me with a better grasp on approaching technical writing as a whole.